The Top Ten Thai Dishes Loved by Foreigners
Do you want to try something exotic and spicy? Thai food is recommended to you. Eating Thai food, you will not only enjoy its delicious tastes, but you will also get benefit from the medicinal herbs used as ingredients in each dish. To acquaint you with herbal Thai dishes, let Thaiways present to you the recipes for top ten Thai dishes best loved by foreigners with the medicinal properties of herbs used in each dish.
Mu or Kai Sa-te (Roast Pork or Chicken Coated with Turmeric)
Ranking eighth among the top ten Thai dishes most ordered by foreigners, roast pork or chicken coated with turmeric can be an hors d'oeuvre, side dish or snack.
- 1 1/2 Ibs. of chicken breast or pork
- 1/4 teaspoon of roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (roots) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 3 slices of galangal
- 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 5 garlic clover
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Small wooken skewers
How to cook
- Slice the chicken breast or the pork with the width of about 1 1/2 inches.
- Pound together the roasted coriander seeds powder, roasted cumin seeds powder, pepper, turmeric powder, curry powder, galangal, lemon grass, garlic cloves and salt.
- Put the mixture into the coconut cream.
- Add the sugar and vegetable oil and blend them into a marinade.
- Soak the meat in the newly mixed marinade for 2 hours.
- Take the slices of meat out and thread them onto the skewers while heating the marinade until boiling.
- Roast the meat and apply the marinade to it for some time.
- When the meat is thouroughly cooked, serve it with sa-te sauce and cucumber sauce.