The Top Ten Thai Dishes Loved by Foreigners
Do you want to try something exotic and spicy? Thai food is recommended to you. Eating Thai food, you will not only enjoy its delicious tastes, but you will also get benefit from the medicinal herbs used as ingredients in each dish. To acquaint you with herbal Thai dishes, let Thaiways present to you the recipes for top ten Thai dishes best loved by foreigners with the medicinal properties of herbs used in each dish.
Phat Thai (Fried Noodles of Thai Style)
Ranking third among the ten Thai dishes ordered most often by foreigners, the dish of Phat Thai or fried noodles of Thai style is a "quick dish" that is easily prepared and takes just a short time to cook.
- 300 grams of Thai rice noodles
- 10 fresh prawns, shelled
- 1 piece of yellow tofu, cut in small rectangles
- 3 eggs
- 60 grams of Chinese chives
- 500 grams of bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlics
- 1/2 cup of crushed roasted peanuts
- 60 grams of chopped preserved radish
- 1 teaspoon of ground chilli
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of tamarind juice
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 big lime
How to cook
- Fry chopped shallots and garlics with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a wok. Add Thai rice noodles, soften them with a little water.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar and tamarind juice, and quickly stir the noodles to mix them. Then leave it at one side of the wok.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in the wok. Fry prawns, preserved radish, and yellow tofu, then blend all these with the noodles. Leave it again at the side of the wok.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in the wok and fry an egg. Then combine it with the noodles. Add a half portion of bean sprouts and Chinese chives.
- Remove it from the heat and add ground peanuts.
Phat Thai will be tastier when seasoning with lime juice and ground chilli, and eating with fresh bean sprouts, banana blossom, Chinese chive, and Bai Bua Bok (or Asiatic Pennywort).
Regarding the medicinal properties of Phat Thai, different herbs have different functions. Their properties are described below:
Chilli: It is beneficial to the respiration system, blood circulation and the heart. Moreover, it is used as cough medicine, and it helps stimulate your appetite.
Garlic: It can help prevent the blood vessels from being clogged, relieve high blood pressure, and eliminate phlegm.
Shallot: It helps relieve a cold and increase the secretion of urine. And it is also used as carminative medicine.
Tamarind: It is used as laxative medicine, and helps relieve a cold and coughing.
Asiantic Pennywort: Known as Bua Bok in Thai, its leaves are used for curing many kinds of common ailments such as headache, sore throat, internal contusion and high blood pressure.
Banana Blossom: It is reported that the banana blossom can help reduce the amount of glucose in the blood vessels.