|A VAT refund can be claimed by any
non-Thai visitor who
• is not a crew member of an airline;
• departs Thailand by air carrier from an international
How to claim a VAT refund?
1. VAT refund only applies to goods taken out of Thailand
within 60 days from the date of purchase.
2. The goods must be purchased from stores displaying
the "VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS" sign.
3. On any day, the value of goods purchased at each
participating store shall not be less than 2,000 baht,
including VAT. The total amount claimed for refund must
not be less than 5,000 baht, including VAT.
4. On the purchasing day, present your passport and
ask the sales assistant at the store to complete the
VAT Refund Application for Tourist form (P.P. 10) and
attach the original tax invoices to the form. Each application
form (P.P. 10) must show a value of 2,000 baht or more.
5. Before departure, present your goods and submit
the VAT Refund Application for tourists (P.P.10) form
and original tax invoices to the Customs officers for
inspection before check-in.
6. Valuable goods, such as jewelry, gold ornaments,
watches, glasses, or pens must once more be inspected
by the Revenue officers at the VAT refund office at
the departure lounge after passport control.
7. You can either present your claim to Revenue officers
or drop it into the box at the Refund Counter or mail
from your home back to the Revenue Department of Thailand.
How will the refund be paid?
You can choose to receive your refund by
|not exceeding 30,000 baht
||cash in Thai baht, draft, credit to credit card
||You must specify the
method of receiving the refund on your form (P.P.10).
|exceeding 30,000 baht
||draft, credit to credit card account
The following fees apply to refund requests
• For cash refund, a fee of 100 baht.
• For draft refund, a fee of 100 baht plus draft issuing
fee at the rate charged by banks, and postage.
• For credit to credit card account refund, a fee of
100 baht plus money transfer fee at the rate charged
by banks, and postage.
You cannot claim VAT refunds for the following
• prohibited items
• firearms, explosives or any similar items
• Allow yourself adequate time at the airport for the
• In case your request for refund by draft or credit
to credit card account receives no reply within an appropriate
period of time, please contact the
The VAT Refund for Tourist Office, Revenue Department,
Phahon Yothin Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand.
Tel: 0 2272 9384 to 5, 0 2272 8198 Fax: 0 2617 3559
VAT Refund Office at Suvarnabhumi International Airport:
Concouse D, Gate D1-D4 and D5-D8 at the 4th Fl.
The Customs Office:
Passenger terminal, the 4th Fl., behind check in counter,