Photo : www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZsUMnlya1o
Kai Phat Met Mamuang Himmaphan (Chicken Fried with Cashew Nuts)
Ranking ninth among the ten Thai dishes ordered most often by foreigners, here is the recipe for chicken fried with cashew nuts, a mild dish without spicy taste that may become your favourite.
- 1 1/2 cup of sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of sliced onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced dried chillies
- 1/4 cup of chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
How to cook
- Mix dark soya sauce, wheat flour and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil together.
- Marinade the chicken in it for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remains of the cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add the cashew nuts and fry them until they look yellow. Then take them out and replace with dried chillies. Fry them until they are crisp and remove them from heat.
- Add the chicken. When it is done, add the garlic and onion.
- Turn up the heat. Stir-fry and season with the oyster sauce, light soya sauce and sugar.
- Pour the chicken stock and add the spring onion,dried chillies and cashew nuts. Stir them and remove from heat.