Suan Pakkad Palace, built by Prince and Princess Chumbhot of Nakhon Sawan, consists of five traditional Thai houses overlooking a beautiful garden. They were moved from Chiang Mai in 1952. The palace, which has been turned into a museum, displays works of art, antiques and everyday objects such as perfume bottles, betel-nut boxes and musical instruments.
Ban Chiang House : The house keeps pottery and bronze jewellery discovered at Ban Chiang, an important Bronze Age settlement in Northeastern Thailand, dating from around 1666 to 500 B.C. The ground floor houses a large collection of minerals and sea shells.
Lacquer Pavilion : The remarkable gold and black lacquer murals exhibiting here depict events from the life of the Buddha and the Ramayana epic.
Information : Tel. 0 2246 1775 to 6, www.suanpakkad.com
Open : Daily, 09.00 - 16.00 hrs.
Admission fee : 100 baht
Location : On Si Ayutthaya Roadฺ
BTS skytrain : Phaya Thai Station
For taxi : วังสวนผักกาด ถนนศรีอยุธยา ใกล้ ร.พ. เดชา